My New Year - Fekete Sándor (7.b)

 My New Year - Fekete Sándor (7.b)



My New Year’s Eve

On 31st December I stayed at home with my family and we sat up till midnight to see the new year in.

My mother usually cooks frankfurter for dinner and we eat it at eight o’clock. After dinner we play board-games. My favourite board-game is Activity I get it for Christmas.

At midnight we listened to the Hungarian national anthem on TV. My father opened a champagne and we drank it and wished happy new year each other and we were sending messages to our friends and relatives and wished happy new year. After that we watched fireworks.

If there is a good film on TV we watch it after midnight.

On 1st January my mother always cooks lentil soup and I usually help her. We usually bake roasted pig for lunch. According to New Year's Eve belief you can eat pig because it digs out your luck. It's not allowed to eat fish and chicken because fish swim away with your luck and chickens grab your luck.

In the first days of the year we usually visit my grandparents and we bring a bottle of champagne and wish happy new year each other.


Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések